Thursday 14 April 2016

PROUD TO BE A HOSEWIFE

Someone asked me......
Are you a House Wife or a Working Woman ????

I said.....

I am just a HOUSEWIFE.....No mean feat
I work 24 hrs a day....Non stop.....
Bound with bands of duty.....Rivetted tight....
For the House.....My dear and loved one's dwelling place

I am a Wife, Sister , Mother , Daughter in law , Lover.....
So many roles rolled in one.....
I am a  person who is strong , passionate , courageous, generous
all at the same time.....

I am a Cook........
put food cooked with Mother's touch on the table
What and when we shall eat.......
keeping everyone's taste buds in mind......

I am a Maid......A House Proud
My days are spent soiling and cleaning of things......
and keeping out the dust......Keep spic and span Home

I am a Teacher ....a Counselor
I comfort and listen to woes......
play and settle all the rows.....

I am a Nanny....a Nurse too...
helping ,nursing and healing.....
Sometimes nurture and fights 
Real fears of my husband.....
imaginary fears of young minds......

I am a Handyman , a Security guard and a Hostess too.....
I am an Action , Emotion , Devotion , Hope , Power , Beauty ,Brains Phew!!!
All rolled in one..... If need be.....
Entertaining without constraints......
A Disciplinarian when children require restraints.....

My Husband earning the bread but......
It's my job to keep him going....
Keep everything going.....
I keep things to Myself....
when things are not going right.....

I plan thins like a Chinese puzzle.....
always trying to fit and change....
think thousands details each in a thousand ways.....
just to make my loved one's life comfortable

YES!!! I AM A HOUSEWIFE.....
I love hard , full of sparkle , compassion......
loyal , adventurous , supportive.....
nurture my family and...
fiercely protect and fight for them....

At times my mind in trouble........
Move in circles.....i get tiresome
narrow and hard but i keep going.....
without a complain......

I don't get holidays....medical leave or half days
I work throughout the Day and Night.....
Juggle so many tasks....Multitasking
Alas!!!all this without pay and appreciation.....
All i get paid is with a sentence........
"What you do all day at home ????"

Don't you think , I deserve more then this sentence from you ?

                                                 "Jyoti"
                                                 
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment